Yummy Strawberry Cinnamon Muffins – Kid Friendly
Love these yummy strawberry cinnamon muffins by Health.com Terrific for a quick breakfast or snack.
Make a batch and watch them disappear.Enjoy!
Yummy Strawberry Cinnamon Muffins
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup vanilla fat-free yogurt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour and the next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Combine yogurt, butter, milk, and egg in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Place 12 foil cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each liner. Top each with 1 teaspoon jam. Top evenly with the remaining batter. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375º for 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; place on a wire rack.