Mexican Style Meatballs
Here’s a hearty Mexican style meatballs with a little kick to it. If you have younger children you may want to leave out the chipotle, but other than that, it’s terrific.
This should feed 4 to 6 family members depending on their appetite. You can also cut the ingredients in half for a smaller family. Happy Cooking!
- Meatball Mixture
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 chiplote peppers, cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- Vegetables & Sauce
- Potatoes, carrots, celery, chopped
- 1 (20 oz.) can tomato sauce
- ½ can of water from tomato sauce
- Fresh onions, tomatoes, chopped
- Mix together and shape into meatballs. Add oil to pan and brown meatballs.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes, covered.
- Add in potatoes, carrots, celery, tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Then add fresh onions and tomatoes. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze desired amount of lime juice over dish and serve with tortillas.