Tasty Beef Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
Try this healthy and tasty beef broccoli recipe.
What I love about this type of recipe is that you can substitute and adjust according to your families taste. You can add bell peppers, mushrooms and spice it up with red pepper flakes. You can also adjust sauce to your preference.
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- Red pepper, optional
- Cut meat into strips or bite size pieces; set aside. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, broth, sugar, soy sauce and mix well.
- In a large skillet, add oil and heat over medium high heat. Add beef and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Push beef to side of pan and add in sliced onions and stir fry a few minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic and broccoli and stir fry about 30 seconds, just to get the flavor out. Then add flour mixture and stir everything together. Bring almost to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens.