A Twist To Hawaii Style Garlic Shrimp
Here’s a little twist to these tasty garlic shrimp recipe. Coat them in the seasoned flour mixture first and then pan fry. Check out recipe and video below.
Love Hawaii and their diverse multi cultural flavors. Here’s one that’s a local favorite from the North Shore on Oahu. Made this recipe and the whole family loved it. Enjoy!
- 10 extra large shrimp, deveined
- 10 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ stick clarified butter
- ½ teaspoon Hawaiian salt
- ⅛ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Thaw, rinse and devein shrimp.
- In a small baking dish mix together flour, paprika and cayenne pepper. Then coat shrimp with four mixture.
- Preheat skillet about two minutes on medium high, then add clarified butter and immediately followed by chopped garlic. Let garlic cook for about a minute and add shrimp.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt and let cook for up to 3 minutes. Turn shrimp over and cook for several more minutes.
- Pour ⅛ cup of white wine over shrimp and add 2 tablespoons of regular butter. Cook until garlic is brown.