Fun & Tasty Chili Pizza
Here’s a quick recipe that you can make as is, or tweak it with your favorite ingredients.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B12.
- ¾ pound Ground Beef (95% lean)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) seasoned diced tomato sauce for chili
- ¾ cup rinsed drained black beans
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 pita breads (white or whole wheat)
- 6 slices reduced fat cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, bell pepper, ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onions over medium heat. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until beef is ¾-inch pieces. Do not drain. Add tomatoes and black beans and bring to a boil. Then simmer on low heat for a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- On a large baking sheet, place pita bread and spread beef mixture evenly on bread. If desired, cut cheese into fun shapes then place over meat mixture.
- Bake for 3 to 4 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish: cilantro, sour cream, bell peppers, olives or your favorite toppings.