Homemade Copycat KFC Fried Chicken
Make your own KFC fried chicken. Not quite the same, but how can you not love fried chicken. It’s still much cheaper to make it at home. I did double the recipe, not quite enough for my family.
Thanks to Nicko for this tasty recipe and video.
Copycat KFC Fried Chicken
- 2 pounds of chicken wings, drummettes (about 16 pieces)
- Spice Mix
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 2½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 1½ tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Oil for frying
- In a medium size bowl, mix together all spice mix ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
- Dredge chicken in batter first then into dry spice mix. Make sure to coat chicken well and shake off excess.
- Then repeat process again. Dip in batter and again in dry mix.
- Deep fry in hot oil until nice golden brown and cooked through. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.