Easy Cheesy Meaty Lasagna
Favorite 3 words: Easy Cheesy Meaty Lasagna. Yum!
Comfort food the whole family will love. This recipe is full of meat, cheese and a delicious sauce. Here’s a lasagna recipe you’ll want to add to your recipe box. Enjoy!
You can tweak the recipe a little to make it custom to your families taste buds. Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- 1½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 16 oz can spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 15 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Colby jack cheese
- Several tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and sauce until brown, then add onions. Cook until meat is evenly brown and drain excess oil. Add seasonings and mix together with meat mixture. Then add spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and 1 cup water. Bring almost to a boil then turn down heat and let simmer 30-45 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, bring a pot of water to a boil and add salt. Cook noodles 5 to 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain noodles and set aside.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan. Layer four lasagna noodles on the bottom of the baking pan. Then layer ⅓ sauce, then ½ cup of Colby jack, and finally ½ cup of mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Repeat noodle, sauce, cheeses two more times. Make sure the top layer of the lasagna is mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 50 minutes. Then remove tin foil and let bake for for 10 more minutes.
- If cheese is still not melted completely, you can broil for about two minutes.
How to Make American Style Lasagna
If you have the time, here’s another good lasagna recipe.