BBQ Baby Backribs
Once you start digging into this apple butter BBQ baby backribs you won’t be able to stop. Here’s a nice twist to your ribs from SwiftFreshPork. Enjoy!
Delicious apple butter, cider, along with nutmeg and cinnamon make this one delicious BBQ sauce.
Baby Backribs With Apple Butter Sauce
- Two racks Swift Premium® Pork Loin Backribs (5 to 5½ pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons apple pie spice blend
- Apple-Butter Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups apple butter
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
- Mix together brown sugar, salt and apple spice. Rub ribs with spice on both sides of rib. Wrap ribs in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to 2 to 6 hours.
- Combine sauce ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to baste over ribs.
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Pour 2 cups water in the bottom of a 13 x 10½ inch broiler pan. Unwrap ribs; place, bone sides down, on broiler rack over the water. Tightly cover with heavy foil. Bake for 2 to 2¼ hours or until tender.
- Transfer ribs to cutting board and carefully discard water in broiler pan. Line broiling pan rack with the foil. Return ribs to foil-lined rack in broiler pan; generously brush with sauce.
- Preheat oven broiler. Broil ribs 4 inches from heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until heated through, turning over and brushing with sauce halfway through broiling. Heat remaining sauce in microwave until warm. Transfer ribs to cutting board. Cut into 6 to 8 portions; brush with heated sauce and serve with any remaining sauce.